+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The terrorland

Default The terrorland

http://theterrorland.blogspot.com/

Mr. Sulemani is a Pakistani journalist who also writes poetry and fiction. His novel, The Terrorland, on which he has been working for years, is in the editing stage. After attempts on his life, he is locked inside his home in Rawalpindi since March 29, 2010. Neither the government nor his employers have done anything so far despite requests for providing him and his family members security.

In a letter to human rights and professional bodies, Mr. Sulemani writes: Freedom of thought and expression is still a slogan in our part of the world. If the Pakistani, American, British and allied governments, partners in fighting global terrorism, want to win the war, then they must address intellectual terrorism first.

He can be contacted at: habib.sulemani@yahoo.com
    What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. Mother Theresa

Zahib lala, on the link you send, Mr. Sulemani says,

"I am working on a novel – The Terrorland – partially set in the (tribal) area between Pakistan and Afghanistan. It deals with extremism and terrorism in South Asia. "

"However, copy of my unedited fiction has been obtained by secret agencies with the help of some racist and sectarian bent of mind colleagues (who have special relations with rogue elements and had been torturing me in different ways including depriving me of salary for months and appointment letter for years, tampering with my documents and declaring me an American agent). They have assumed my novel as a history book which is an intellectual dilemma in the 21st century."

NOW, Pakistan is in the state of war, and such writing/fiction work could create more chaos.

Maybe, these are some attempts from his side to gain popularity for his up coming novel/work.
    Last edited by JuPiTeR; 05-05-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    ""I cried because I had no shoes, 'till I met a man who had no feet. ".

I think it is a normal practice in pakistan, no need to complain about. Just one missing person will be added to the list.
    Pakhtoon Aman ghwaree

Default @JuPiTeR

I agree with JuPiTeR that: "Maybe, there are some attempts from his side to gain popularity for his up coming novel/work."

To make something a hit, make it controversial.

Or is he planning to file for assylum? It's a good ploy to create an impression that my life is under threat, and then file for assylum.

Thread Information