+ Reply to Thread

Default Daily Azadi Swat

Dear friends. i have been reading this news paper for sometimes, and i feel that it appears that this paper is in somebody's else hands,evrytime u read a headline it goes: somany killed in swat and then followed by ...army ka imdad jaree:there are so many examples but i cant mention it here, i feel that this news paper is not incontroled/owned by pashtuns or these so called pashtuns have become the puppets of the outsiders,

Professor saif has been writing a collum regarding DURIND LINE and he has been calling afgahns lotters, assassins, and hungry for wealth, abducting girls and women in the past, afghanistan was never a country and so on, just read, and follow .

http://www.dailyazadiswat.com/epaper...ils.htm?s2.gif.
    Akhan

I like Mumtaz being a self made person who had started his career with empty hands and empty shop. He was Prince Mumtaz when I was intoduced to him. These days, I was in my SSC examination.
    Then We had joined hands for Falak Sair Swt, and then Sada-e-Malakand weekly. I use to the main writer on his pages.
    I remember when Shakir Buneri was telling me in 1991 that I should not co-operate him as he was upto the expectations and I will regred one day if I continue my support for him. He became Mumtaz Buneri and now Mumtaz Ahmad Sadiq with a printers and newsapapers.
    Shakir was right. He never had his own agenda and ideology except to make money anyway. This may be the reason when he approached me in Middle East, I did not met him.
    Daily Azadi was not published to give a sort of benifit to the local population but to utilise its situation for personal interests.
    What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. Mother Theresa

چې دې لا د څۀ پروفيسر دې۔ لګيا په تاريخ کښې دې او پښتونخوا له ئې د سرحد نوم خوښ کړې دې۔ او سوات خو هغه وخت بيهې په سرحد کښې نۀ وو۔
    پښتو به ليکو پښتو به وايو

Quote Originally Posted by akhan View Post
    Dear friends. i have been reading this news paper for sometimes, and i feel that it appears that this paper is in somebody's else hands,evrytime u read a headline it goes: somany killed in swat and then followed by ...army ka imdad jaree:there are so many examples but i cant mention it here, i feel that this news paper is not incontroled/owned by pashtuns or these so called pashtuns have become the puppets of the outsiders,

Professor saif has been writing a collum regarding DURIND LINE and he has been calling afgahns lotters, assassins, and hungry for wealth, abducting girls and women in the past, afghanistan was never a country and so on, just read, and follow .

http://www.dailyazadiswat.com/epaper...ils.htm?s2.gif.
    Can you please provide the links to the entire article?
    We need not agree with everything he is saying....one thing he has confessed himself that the all the players in the game at that time; either Sikhs, Marhatas or Afghans were resorting to plundering and loot as part of the war. So this custom of plundering and war loot was in vogue at that time. The Muslim leadership in India as mentioned by him were lazy, corrupt and inefficient and the public themselves were extremely fed up of them....to the extent that they invited the Abdali King to save them of the Marhatas and the Sikhs and the Afghan King obliged. There must be something good about the Afghan King that he was so lovingly invited.

So you can see that the Abdali King was their savior; this the learned Professor should acknowledge.

TO understand the whole scenario, one need to read the whole article, it was published in 3 stages, the paper will not give me access to the previous ones, but u can try by going to the website. anyway i was just upset, the way he was describing the stuff, may be that my knowledge is poor or i am wrong but it was paining me to read that our incestors were just land grabers and lotters.

Anyway why do we need an urdu news paper in a place where 99.9% of masses speak and understand pashto. i dont know what is wrong with our people, they all are in the state of coma. one day they will loose thier language, culture and history, as there is no oppurtunity for pashto poets, writers and intillectuls to speak their mind.they have to change thier thoughts to a secondry language to write and we all know that what happens when you do that. u see a complete different picture,
    Akhan

This is very bizzare that Swat being alomost 100% Pashto speaking area doe snot have a single Pashto newspaper. Pashto was the official language during the Swat state era and there are many great Pashto scholars in the area but all the newspapers published there are in Urdu not a single one in Pashto , the language of the area.

I really dont understand why Pashtuns hate their language this much. Why a urdu or other language newspaer like Azadi or Mashriq can be a success and why not a Pashto newspaper? All these urdu or English newspapers are run by Pashtuns and read by Pashtuns but not in Pashto. It means there are no problems of resources.Tthe same expenditure for Urdu newspaper can be for Pashto too but no one publishes newsappers in Pashto and no one publishes in Pashto because no one reads or writes in Pashto. The main problem is in the readership. We need urgent steps to be taken to make Pashtuns language nationalists like Sindhis in Pakistan or Tajiks in Afghanistan.
    Friend and Supporter of www.pakhtun.com

Thread Information