+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Wruna what is standard Pashto based on, including all the many Pashto publications in Afghanistan?

For standard Pashto books of Afghan origin are not necessary. earlier the division was for south and north and Pashto have had two prominent dialects.

Now after creation of Pakistan, dialects or standards are now afghan and pakistani pashto. Afghani pashto is under much influence of Dari, and Pakistani pashto is under extreme influence of Urud.

I will exemplify it as, few days back someone asked a substitute for fiancee in Pashto. Pakistani Pashtoon said, mangetar, and afghani pashtoons said, namzad, and no one was able to know the real pashto word of changhol or changhalla.

There can be many examples.
    Pakhtoon Aman ghwaree

Default Southern Dialect

are there any books on the southern dialect. Internet is full of study materials to learn the northern dialect which is quite obvious since education is strong in NWFP and people have a will to give away knowledge. However, in our balochistan unfortunately where the southern dialect exists, people lack education and interest in promoting culture and language.

Kindly help me on finding any web link or book on the southern dialect....thats the closest to the qandahari one. If anyone of you speak the southern dialect (Qandahar, quetta, chaman), plz do contact me.

I am on 0321-2705576

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Erlangner View Post
    For standard Pashto books of Afghan origin are not necessary. earlier the division was for south and north and Pashto have had two prominent dialects.

Now after creation of Pakistan, dialects or standards are now afghan and pakistani pashto. Afghani pashto is under much influence of Dari, and Pakistani pashto is under extreme influence of Urud.

I will exemplify it as, few days back someone asked a substitute for fiancee in Pashto. Pakistani Pashtoon said, mangetar, and afghani pashtoons said, namzad, and no one was able to know the real pashto word of changhol or changhalla.

There can be many examples.
    Thanks wrora,

Hmm...I hope Pakhtoons on both side of the so-called "Durrand" line are able to preserve their Pashto and Pashtunwali, to be honest in many ways I find Pashtuns of Pashtunkhwa far closer to Pashtun culture than Afghanis.

I dont think as you think about a bond to Pashtun culture.

Pashtuns on west of Durandline are as much Pashtuns as on the east. Pashtuns in Bolan are as respectable as in Karachi or peshawar or mardan. However, effects of other cultures and language can be seen well anyhow.
    Pakhtoon Aman ghwaree

umm .... thankz alot itz really helpful i really wanna learn pushto itz really important for me to learn it wid in a month m out of PAKISTAN nowadayz m in abroad n i cant find pushto speakin ppl over here ... plzzzz help me peeeepz i ll b really thankful to u help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :'(

Go to this thread: http://www.khyberwatch.com/forums/sh...anguage-Course

Also:

Follow these series of videos.

Default lastest pashto songs for you

learn pashto from songs now .... visit Pushto Music
    Last edited by ali0014; 06-04-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    Pashto Videos & Mp3 download
    http://mp3saz.com

Thread Information