+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Learn Pashto For Beginners / Intermediate/advanced Levels Pashto Language Course

I OFFER MY SERVICES TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE REALLY DESIROUS TO LEARN PASHTU LANGUAGE. YOU MAY EITHER TAKE START FROM THE SCRATCH OR YOU MAY BE AN ADVANCAD LEARNER OR YOU MAY BE INTERESTED TO LEARN PASHTU WRITING AND READING

I REMAINED PUSHTU LANGUAGE FACILITATOR IN PAST AND NOWADAYS I M WORKING ON THE PASHTU LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT.

PARTICIPANTS OF COMPETITIVE EXAMS LIKE CSS, PCS , INTERMEDIATE/BA/MA PUSHTU CANDIDATES/STUDENTS MAY BENIFIT FROM THIS COURSE

THOSE WHO ARE DESIROUS FOR TAKING PUSHTU AS THEIR OPTIONAL SUBJECT
    for those civil society workers/NGOS /Development activists and educationists working in PASHTU SPEAKING AREAS OF PAKISTAN AND AFGHANISTAN

LETS LEARN PUSHTU AS AN EXCELLENT TOOL FOR ASSIMILATION AND EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

WE WILL USE THIS SITE AS A VIRTUAL CLASS ROOM
    lets talk to pashtuns in their language and try to understand them and make them understand

pashtu learning is a fun

lets learn the national and one of the official language of afghanistan and the language of millions of pashtuns in pakistan

why not to learn the language which has 100 marks in CSS and 150 marks in pashtunkhwah PCS

WHY NOT TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE WHERE MASTER AND Ph.D DEGREES CAN BE OBTAINED
    lets learn the language of taliban in pakistan and afghansitan

one special request
    IN THIS THREAD ONLY LINGUISTIC DISCUSSION MAY BE CARRIED OUT,,NO POLITICAL OR ANY OTHER KIND OF DISCUSSION MAY BE ALLOWED PLEASE

LESSON NO. 1
    FOR PASHTO ALPHABET PLEASE SEE
    http://www.pashto.ca/index.html
    OR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuO2...eature=related
    OR
    //www.afghanistans.com/Alphabet.htm
    GRAMMAR ; pronoun

I .......................ZA. WE.....................MONG/J.YOU.SINGULAR....TA

YOU PLURAL........TASO.HE/SHE...............HAGHA.THEY..................HAGH OI

VOCABULARY.ZA HALAK/ZANKAY YAM....... I AM A BOY.

HALAK/ZANKAY..................BOY.

YAM............................. AM

communication.

how are you?............... sanga ye? / saranga ye ?

I m fine ......................... za kha/sha yam

GENERAL

there are two main dialects in pashto language.

hard dialect.......... spoken in areas like peshawar, mardan, swat, malakand, dir, kohat, paracinar, jalalabad, bajawar, mohmand, khyber,etc mainly in northern part of pashto speaking areas.here the pure pashto words are prounced as kh and g not sh and j if the word comprises the sound. as the word for fine is prounced here as kha not sha. the word for beard is prounced as gira not jira. from the pure pushtu words i mean not words borrowed from other languages .for example. the word khalis is prounced in both the dialects the same as it is not a pure pashto word. and such words are written with arabic khe not pashto khin

soft dialect......... spoken in SOUTHERN areas like banu, karak, waziristan, baluchistan, qandahar, paktya etc. here the above sounds are prounced as sh and g . fine is sha here and beard is jira here.

I will try for your orientation of both the dialects or accents.THERE IS NOTHING TO DO SPECIAL .often the symbol/ denotes the difference of dialects. however it is not necessary to learn both the dialects as both are easily mutually intelligible. accents of qandahar and peshawar or mardan are the strandard accents throug out the world.

remember that both the dialects are written in the same script . thats why you see special pashto letters for khe and ge
    Last edited by aimal khan; 12-25-2008 at 11:59 PM.

lesson no 2.

pronouns

my..................................zama. our...................zamong/j

your.sing.........................sta. your.plu..............staso

his..... da hagha... her......da haghay. their......... da haghoi

vcocabulary

my house/home......... zama kor

your book...................sta kitab

his cow.......................da hagha ghwa

her university.............. da haghaay univesity/ pohantoon

communication

welcome....................... pakhair raghlay/starhi mashay

thanks..........................merabani/manana

general

pashto is the natioional language of afghanistan and one of the two official languages(the other one is Dari). thus we see particular words used there which has no so much currency in pakistan as here urdu or english words are dominant. as we saw above the actual pure word for university is pohantoon. similarly for hospital the word is roghtoon but to many pashtuns in pakistan these words are not known because in pakistan the official language is english or urdu and the langauges of sign boards

lesson no 3

pronouns

for the english pronouns mine pashto pronoun is the same zama, for them da haghoi , for him da hagha and so on

vocabulary

it is for him........ da da hagha da para day/da

it......................da,him................. da hagha

for................. da para, is...............day(masc.)da(fem)

comunication

imperatives

come......................................raza

go.........................................za

general

in pashto you will come across many synonyms and homonyms. context make the meaning clear. as we saw two meaninigs of the word za one I, second go. there is a little diffrence of stress as the one for go is more stressed

I .......................زۀ.
    WE.....................مونږ
    YOU.SINGULAR....تۀ
    YOU PLURAL........تاسو.
    HE/SHE...............هغه.
    THEY..................هغوی

VOCABULARY
    .زۀ هلک يم....... I AM A BOY.
    هلک..................BOY.
    يم ............................. AM

communication.
    how are you?............... څنګه يې/څنګه يۍ
    I m fine ......................... زۀ ښۀ يم
    دَشاهانو ورکړه لال او جواهروی
    دَ قلــم دَ خاوندانو دَ زړۀ وينــې

Thumbs up

(Well, very nice, and may Godspeed be with you!)
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

LESSON NO 4

grammar

nouns

noun is a name . in pashto for name the words num/nama are used.number of the noun is either plural or singular. for making plural the suffixes AN ,ONA/una ,EE/i, are most frequently used

vocabulary

person............. kas/tan, persons............ kasan/tanan

table.................mez, tables...............mezona

man..................sarhay men................sarhee

communication

meet these men.............. de sarho sara milaw sha/uwina/ogora(milaw sha is an urdu influence on pashto specially in pakistan)

general

in the above sentence we see the plural sarho not sarhee. yes in a sentence and in oobjective case this plural is used. but

these are men

da sarhee dee.

dera manana thanx a lot freinds I would specially appreciate writing all sentences , examples etc in pashto fonts as done above , so far I am not very expert in writing in pashto fonts in internet , I have to learn it

lesson no. 5

grammar

nouns

masculine ......... nar, feminine...............khaza/shaza

in pushtu often the feminine ends with the suffix a or ai or ee

there are also totally separete words for feminine and masculine

there are masculine/ feminine difference in human beings, animals and things.

there is also neuter(no feminine/masculine) and common (both masculine/feminine)gender which is mostly found in words taken from other languages

different auxiliary verbs are used for masculine and feminine. remember that in grammar (language rules) there are always exceptions. i write mostly generalizations. if u come across some anomalies or exceptional cases please discuss it with me

vocabulary

this is a man.......................da sarhay day,this is a woman... da khaza/shaza da

this is a girl........................ da jinai da , this is a boy......... da halak day

meal/bread............ dodai/marhai/tikalay

meal is good...................dodai kha /sha da

dog ............spay, bitch .............spai

communication

eat/take meal.................. dodai ukhra/wakhla

bring one chair for me..............mala yawa kursai/chawkai rawrha

general

we see in the above examples that feminine words end with a, ai ,ee. for feminine is is da for masculine day . one chair is yawa kursai but one book is yaw kitab because kursai is feminine and kitab is masculine.

Mother > Mor

Father > plaar

Brother > Ror

Sister > Khor

Son > Zwey

Daughter > Loor

Uncle > tra/kaka/mama

Auntie > tror chachi/maasi(urdu influence)

Grandfather > Neeka

Grandmother > Nyaa

Grandson > nwase/masse

Grandaughter > Nwasai/Masai

Thread Information